Senior Asset Engineer
About the role
You will be responsible for the Strategic Plan for Highway Services Division of the Department of Infrastructure, for the highway and structures strategic assets managed by the Division which have a value of over £2Bn. Implementation of the Strategic Plan, funding and budgeting will also be the responsibility of this post.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing a Strategic Plan for the highway network
- Promoting and introducing new systems and procedures where appropriate
- Developing a Highway Asset Management Plan and champion a program for the implementation of the Plan
- Training others in all aspects of the development of Highway Asset Management Plans.
- Developing a 10 year plan for Highways and Structures that delivers best value to the Isle of Man Tax payer
- Engaging with all levels throughout the organisation inclusive of our political members.
- Developing business cases and acquire funding to support the plan.
- Implementing procedures for the management of the Highway and structures assets
- Developing project briefs to accurately define the projects, and ensure that the outcomes are achievable and clearly defined.
- Acting as a point of contact and a source of information for Highway related matters (legislation).
More details of the duties of the post can be obtained from Tim Cowin on 01624 720930.
To find out more about what life is like working for the Department of Infrastructure, watch our video starring our wonderful employees talking about their careers within the Department.
Interview expenses and a relocation package of up to £5000 based on receipts is available for this role. For any further information on the relocation package please contact email@example.com. To find out more about the lifestyle, culture and living/working on the Isle of Man please visit www.locate.im.
All about the Isle of Man
The Isle of Man is a special place to live and work!
Those living on the Island, benefit from great lifestyle opportunities, open space, a safe environment, great education and a real sense of community. There are numerous events, clubs and societies in almost everything you can imagine. Isle of Man residents benefit from lower tax rates than a lot of countries in the EU and a simpler, more efficient system of calculation.
For further information about living in the Isle of Man and the Island’s lifestyle, check out our All About the Isle of Man booklet attached to this advert. In addition, you can also visit www.locate.im
In the Isle of Man Public Service we believe the benefits we offer our employees are important; from financial benefits to your Wellbeing and Development, we have a lot to offer.We have created a downloadable document, Our Benefits - A Quick Guide; have a read to see what benefits you could enjoy whilst working for us.
National Insurance Holiday Scheme
The Isle of Man is offering a National Insurance Holiday Scheme which allows newly employed, relocated or returning residents to apply for a refund on their National Insurance contributions for their first year of living or returning to the Isle of Man, with refunds capped at £4,000. To see how this scheme could benefit you visit www.locate.im
The Isle of Man Public Service is an equal opportunities employer which supports and promotes flexible working. We understand its benefits in improving work-life balance and supporting health and wellbeing and, in its different forms; it is widespread throughout the Public Service. We are happy to discuss part-time or flexible working arrangements, including job share partnerships, for our roles (where possible) and if interested you should discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
How to Apply
For more information please see the attached job description and person specification.
Please note a CV must be provided to support your application. It is recommended that you include a cover letter with your CV which explains your motivations for applying for this position and demonstrates your suitability for the requirements of the post. If you do wish to upload a cover letter with your CV, please ensure they are uploaded in one file.
If you have difficulties applying online please contact the Recruitment Team on 01624 686300 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this post will be accepted up to midnight of the closing date specified.
Find out more about where a career in the Isle of Man Public Service could take you at hr.gov.im/careers.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Engineer £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Isle of Man (GB)
- Corporate Management Team Engineer £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Isle of Man (GB)
- Environment Engineer £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Isle of Man (GB)
- Highways Engineer £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Isle of Man (GB)
- Transport Planning Engineer £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Isle of Man (GB)