There are plenty of reasons to take a closer look at Royal Greenwich.
Royal Greenwich is undergoing a huge transformation - Crossrail and Silvertown river crossing are coming and we are developing land, buildings and new transport links to create a living and working destination of choice.
Our borough is a fascinating mix of green and urban areas. There is a world heritage site, historical centres, modern development and significant regeneration.
The Traffic Group plays a key role in delivering the Councils ambition, managing and improving the Royal Borough's highway network, in order to make it safer and more accessible for all users.
Who are we looking for?
The team delivers a varied range of work. You will be committed and have the ability to deliver but will be part of a wider team, working in a supportive and trusting environment. No two days are the same and so you'll need to be adaptable and have the ability to work efficiently.
This role offers the opportunity to experience a range of engineering disciplines and has a varied and exciting workload. You will be proactive and use your knowledge and skill to balance deadlines and ensure this essential service is being delivered diligently and professionally.
Now could be the time for you to help shape the way the service is delivered in the Royal Borough, contribute to improvements to the public realm and to be part of a team delivering this varied and interesting work.
We are looking for someone to:
- Act as lead for the delivery of the Royal Borough's road safety, walking and cycling programme.
- Developing our works programmes, internal processes and providing efficient delivery
- Manage the team responsible for this area of work.
The successful applicant will require:
- Experience and knowledge of the service area - (experience in capital delivery of public realm improvements, cycling and road safety projects)
- Experience of working with a range of individuals and groups and possess great communication skills
- Experience of supporting and monitoring a range of service areas and to be customer focused
- Programme management experience in Local government environment
- To be adaptable, with a can do attitude, and demonstrate an appetite for learning.
If you would like an informal discussion about this position please contact Ryan Nibbs on 020 8921 2397.
Closing Date: 9th July 2019
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.