Group Engineer - Highways (Highways Development Management)
6 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
We are looking for a Group Engineer with a focus on Highways Development Management. You will demonstrate an interest in finding solutions to complex engineering problems by adapting recognised approaches and applying appropriate techniques.
Our Vision at Kirklees is to be a district which combines a strong, sustainable economy with a great quality of life – leading to thriving communities, growing businesses, high prosperity and low inequality where people enjoy better health throughout their lives.
The adopted Kirklees Local Plan provides this framework for exciting growth to achieve our ambition and will provide you with excellent opportunities to network with a wide range of stakeholders and professional disciplines.
You will work in a team that will enable delivery of this growth where it will be your opportunity to shape solutions, assessing the potential impact of major and strategic planning applications and securing mitigation and contributions to deliver supporting infrastructure. You’ll need to be creative and adaptable, but with your calm approach to managing conflicting priorities and securing consistently excellent results, you will be a key component in this directional challenge.
Taking a lead role within the Highways Development Management team, you will act as one of the key interfaces working with internal and external stakeholders to deliver high quality sustainable development within the Kirklees area.
You will be innovator who applies expert highways development planning experience and knowledge to keep a wide range of land use proposals on track. And with your input, Highways Development Management will have a major influence and contribution on place making and delivering the Kirklees Vision.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Has a good understanding and aptitude in dealing with legal documents, local highway design guidance and planning legislation.
- Has excellent transport infrastructure planning, development management and place-shaping skills.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the capacity to cement your conversations with comprehensive responses to planning applications and reports.
- Is customer focused and is prepared to go that extra mile to provide a high quality service.
- Has excellent and demonstrated leadership skills and is an effective decision maker.
- Has excellent and demonstrated project management experience.
- Understands and can work within a political environment.
- Enjoys working in partnership with people and stakeholder organisations.
- Has great IT skills (including Word and Excel).
You must hold a full and valid driving licence and be will to undertake and pass a Kirklees Council driving test, or have the ability to travel between sites.