Principal Engineer [Development]
Looking for an exciting new opportunity? Join us in Knowsley’s Major Development Team!
It is a very exciting time for Knowsley and our innovative Major Development Team: we have a substantial list of pipeline schemes for housing, transport and economic development, including several high profile schemes such as the new Shakespeare North Playhouse and the nationally-recognised Halsnead Garden Village. We are also in the process of implementing three Town Centre masterplans and five further sustainable urban extension sites. In addition, we have secured over £42m of Combined Authority Single Investment Fund projects to be delivered over the next two years. In short – a brilliant place to grow your career.
The Principal Engineer will work with the Lead Engineer and collaboratively with other members of the Major Development Team. The postholder will be responsible for securing legal agreements (including s.278, s.38 and s.106), ensuring proposals maintain highway safety, secure improvements and sustainable means of access, maintain and improve the highway environment for all users and preserve the amenity of existing highway users from the impact of any proposed development.
We are looking for a problem solver, able to identify innovative solutions, secure delivery and provide a proactive service that stimulates growth.
The successful applicant will enjoy the following benefits:
- Easily accessible location (15 mins to Liverpool, 30 mins to Manchester by rail), with staff car parking permits available;
- Working within a supportive and team orientated environment, based in the brand new Invest Knowsley office;
- Minimum annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year, plus bank holidays. There is also an option to purchase up to a maximum of 10 extra days annual leave;
- Flexible working hours;
- Generous Council pension scheme;
- Access to working rewards including: childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff technology purchase scheme, discounted gym membership (with Volair), and a host of other local discounts.
For informal discussion, please contact Sean Traynor (Head of Service – Strategic Infrastructure) on 0151 443 2699. For further details and an application pack, please visit the Council’s website http://www.knowsley.gov.uk/jobs/knowsley-council-vacancies.aspx