Children and Communities Manager
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to lead on library services for children and young people in Richmond upon Thames; as part of our senior management team, you will advise on strategic developments, future service delivery and safeguarding compliance.
Leading an efficient and experienced team within a high performing and well-funded library service, you will also further develop partnerships with voluntary and community sectors and other organisations, supporting the use of volunteers to offer a range of creative and value added opportunities for local children and adults.
Richmond upon Thames Library Service has 12 diverse libraries and the highest children’s fiction issues per capita in London. This offers the opportunity to be part of a successful and dynamic service.
The Children and Communities Manager will be working as part of a strategic team, developing services for the discerning residents of Richmond upon Thames, who highly value their library service. You will have the opportunity to further develop services for children and young people; forging links with the community to improve the borough’s already enviable position as one of the highest achieving library services in London.
As the Children and Communities Manager, you will need:
- A recognised qualification in Library & Information Science or significant relevant experience
- An up to date knowledge of strategic developments and trends in the area of library services for children and young people
- Experience of working in partnership and developing links with outside agencies and voluntary organisations
- Experience of managing a staff team and/or volunteers
- Experience of organising, promoting and delivering programmes of events and activities for children and adults
You will work a 36 hour week, including occasional weekend and evening working as required. A flexible approach to fulfilling the needs of the service is necessary. You will be based in Richmond but will be required to travel to other libraries and locations around Richmond upon Thames as necessary.
In return, we can offer you working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance. These include a generous holiday allowance of 31 days plus bank holidays.
In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops, and other establishments. A wide range of developmental opportunities are also offered.
Richmond and Wandsworth are currently reviewing our pay, reward and benefits framework, in partnership with Trade Union colleagues. We are developing different options that make sure we have a fair and transparent system in place. Indicative Recruitment Timeline Closing Date: Sunday 9th June 2019 Interview Date: Thursday 20th June 2019
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Education Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Early Intervention Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Skills and Learning Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)