4 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Graduate Engineer - includes Postgraduate Degree Apprenticeship opportunity
Fixed term for duration of study programme
This is an exciting new opportunity in the Highway Services team to play a pivotal role in creating a safe and efficient highway network for all users and work towards achieving the Council’s 2030 vision. We will support you as a new graduate to achieve a postgraduate engineering qualification at Aston University alongside gaining valuable exposure to develop your skills to shape your role and develop potential for career with us.
Your role will initially be to assist the team however, as you gain experience and complete a post-graduate qualification you will be required to carry out the following duties: -
- Day to day and programme management, from inception to completion, of road safety, traffic management and highway maintenance construction schemes and programmes or other highway projects of an engineering nature
- Deputise for the designated Team Leader as required.
- Prepare written and verbal replies to highway related enquiries from elected members and, members of the public, including attending face to face meetings.
- Prepare Cabinet reports and advise elected members as necessary.
- Undertake consultation with members of the public and other stakeholders about proposed highway schemes.
- Prepare financial estimates, monitor expenditure and produce spend profiles
- The day-to-day supervision of contractor staff and junior staff/apprentices.
It is an essential requirement that you are committed to undertaking a postgraduate degree apprenticeship (Level 7) at Aston University.
You should have BEng / BSc Degree in Civil Engineering or an equivalent subject and some previous relevant work experience is desirable. All candidates must also be interviewed by the University in addition to our employer requirements.
Stages of the application process:
- Advert close – 31st May 2019
- Online assessments – 7th June – 12th June 2019
- Telephone interviews – 20th June 2019
- Formal interviews – 5th July 2019
37 hours per week
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.