Area Team Manager
This is an exciting time for the London Borough of Bexley; we are at the heart of regeneration and change as London moves east. Bexley is planning for unprecedented growth and development. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in managing a team of six professional planners ensuring that this growth benefits our residents and businesses.
You will be ambitious for new opportunities and want to lead a dynamic and friendly team. You will be skilled at engaging with politicians and working in a multi-disciplinary approach with specialists in other Council departments.
The successful applicant will bring their experience to a critical role dealing with major and other significant applications. The post-holder will also have responsibility for managing and guiding planning officers at various levels in the Development Management team.
Investing in people is important to us, so we offer dedicatedtraining and career development is essential to us.
This role is key for the delivery of the Council’s strategic corporate priorities. Working for us you will have the opportunity to make a real difference for our residents, , securing ‘Growth’ with new homes and regenerating our town centres.
If you’re looking for an exciting challenge in a flexible, modern and accommodating working culture, come and join us on our Journey.
For an informal chat about these posts, please call Robert Lancaster on 020 3045 3342.
Bexley is a London Borough with big growth ambitions across the Borough and along Bexley Riverside. We also have award-winning parks, open spaces and listed buildings. We work in a modern office environment in the heart of Bexleyheath.
What we offer:
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Our Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £2,322 per annum
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 27 days Annual Leave (rising to 30 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
- Closing Date for your application: 13/06/2019
- CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.