Service Lead Environmental Services
Winchester is steeped in history and this heritage is part of what makes our district such a special place to live, work, and visit.
During 2017, we undertook a Senior Management Review and put the skills in place to lead the organisation. We are now looking to appoint 7 new Service Leads who will shape, lead and influence service delivery across our already strong services to provide our customers with a better experience.
You will be responsible for a portfolio of services and demonstrate an empowering, open and engaging leadership style, working across the council to deliver the best outcomes for our communities. As the first point of contact for elected Members, the Executive Leadership Board, internal and external partners, you will be suitably qualified within your field of expertise.
As the Service Lead for Environmental Services you will identify and implement opportunities across Environmental Services and other teams to minimise and reduce the Council’s greenhouse gas emissions and carbon footprint and provide leadership on sustainability issues for the organisation.
You will also ensure that waste, grounds maintenance/cleansing and other contracts are efficiently managed and monitored along with the delivery of other important frontline services that are responsible for managing our open spaces and protecting and enhancing the public realm of Winchester and rest of the District. You will be responsible for making sure the Council’s car parking offer is managed to support our Car Parking Strategy and recently agreed City of Winchester Movement Strategy.
In return, we offer: an excellent package of benefits including:
- Salary up to £55,958 per annum
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Cycle to Work and Car Benefit salary sacrifice schemes
- Competitive annual leave per year
- Flexible working arrangements
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted membership at the two leisure centres in the district
- Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
- Employee retail and shopping discounts
- Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, alternatively if you would like to have an informal discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Zahra Khan, HR Implementation Manager on 01962 848230
For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated recruitment website: microsites.hays.co.uk/jobs/winchester-cc