Economy and Infrastructure Environment Services
Public Protection/Pollution and Noise Control
Flint Street, Fartown, Huddersfield HD1 6LG
Environment Officer - Grade 10 - £29,909 – £32,233 Grade 11 - £33,136 - £35,229
Ref: CRO 1362
This job is temporary for up to 2 years to cover a project.
All Environment Officers lead, project manage and/or co-ordinate large environmental projects, policies and grant programmes with key partners, council services and other organisations and agencies. Your work will specifically focus on tackling Air Pollution (Nitrogen Dioxide, Particulates etc).
Your role will focus on delivery and review of the West Yorkshire Low Emission Strategy (WYLES) across the Leeds City Region. You will support and lead on the review of the WYLES to ensure that its objectives meet current national and local strategies on tackling Air Quality. Other work will include supporting awareness campaigns and other environmental objectives across the region where appropriate.
The post is based in Environmental Health, within the directorate of Environment and is funded by National Government on a fixed term basis for 2 years, to support West Yorkshire Low Emission Strategy.
Requirements for this job:
- Experience of successfully leading complex projects and multi-agency partner programmes of work
- Higher education diploma/degree or proven ability to work to such standards.
- Current technical knowledge and/or professional understanding in environmental / sustainability and specifically in the Environmental field of Air Quality and/or emissions reduction.
- Financial skills including experience of sourcing and preparing bids to secure third party funding and managing schemes
- Ability to effectively manage staff and direct activity to support and monitor the achievement of objectives.
- Experience of awareness campaigns and undertaking promotional activity.
This post is based at Kirklees Council and you will report to the Operational Manager, but you will work across the Leeds City Region and within the other five West Yorkshire Local Authorities to deliver WYLES.
In order to be shortlisted for this job please demonstrate how you meet the Person Checklist as detailed on the attached Job Profile - this information needs to be inserted under the 'Relevant skills, experience and behaviours' section on the Application Form. CV’s will not be accepted.
To view job details and apply go to https://jobs.kirklees.gov.uk/
Closing Date: 5th April 2019