Sustainability Team Leader
Sustainability Team Leader
Full Time (permanent contract)
Employment Term: Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
We are looking for a brilliant new Team Leader to manage our Sustainability Team. You will manage an excited new team, developing policies and projects to promote the Council's corporate approach to sustainability.
The Royal Borough of Greenwich is committed to reducing emissions and safeguarding its communities. This includes exploring low carbon energy supplies, making homes more energy efficient and securing high environmental standards in new developments.
The number of households in the Royal Borough is predicted to increase 41% between 2013 and 2041. Successfully combining growth, prosperity, action on climate change and reducing air pollution is a real challenge. We need your skills to meet this challenge.
The Greener Greenwich Strategy is the Royal Borough's response to climate change and air pollution. It sets out how the Royal Borough intends to respond to these challenges. You will shape and manage the delivery of the sustainability programme, staff and budget that are at the heart of the Greener Greenwich strategy.
You will lead efforts to shape new developments to be more sustainable. You will secure funding, develop solutions and procure the delivery of sustainability projects. You will grow the Royal Borough's understanding of sustainability issues. It's an incredible opportunity for the right candidate.
We need someone with:
- Proven experience in the formulation, development, and delivery of sustainability strategies and programmes.
- The ability to lead a team and manage complex stakeholder relationships.
- The excellent communication skills to present complex technical information clearly and convincingly (in writing and in person).
- Experience of managing performance and budgets to deliver great results.
- A great track record of securing sustainability funding, and delivering complex innovative energy efficiency projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of local authority finance, corporate and political structures.
The job description and person specification for the role are attached. To discuss the role or ask any questions please contact Ryan Bunce (0208 921 8023).
NB. We are also looking for a great new Sustainability & Energy Officer. If you are interested in this area of work you may want to look at that role too.
Closing Date: 25 February 2019
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.
More searches like this
- Environment £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Environmental Health £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Sustainability £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Regeneration and Local Economies £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Regeneration £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (South)