Sustainability and Energy Officer
Sustainability & Energy Officer
Full Time (permanent contract)
Employment Term: Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
We are looking for an exciting new team member to boost our Sustainability Team. The role develops policies and projects that help put sustainability at the heart of the Royal Borough's work.
The Royal Borough of Greenwich recognises its role in responding to the challenges of climate change and air pollution. We are committed to reducing emissions and safeguarding our communities. This includes exploring low carbon energy supplies, making homes more energy efficient and securing high environmental standards in new developments.
The number of households in the Royal Borough is predicted to increase 41% between 2013 and 2041. Successfully combining growth, prosperity, action on climate change and reducing air pollution is a real challenge. We need your skills to meet this challenge.
The Greener Greenwich Strategy is the Royal Borough's response to climate change and air pollution. It sets out how the Royal Borough intends to respond to these challenges. You will deliver key elements of the sustainability programme that is at the heart of the Greener Greenwich strategy.
You will have a key role in making Royal Greenwich more sustainable. You will help shape new developments to be more sustainable. You will deliver key projects that embed climate change and air pollution reduction in our work. This will include shaping wider Council projects and delivering targeted interventions directly. It's an incredible opportunity for the right candidate.
We need someone with:
- A track record of providing specialist advice on sustainability issues. E.G. planning applications, tender documents, energy studies, Code for Sustainable Homes assessments, BREEAM assessments and biodiversity assessments.
- Proven experience delivering complex and innovative energy efficiency projects, and ideally in energy monitoring.
- Experience of developing and presenting successful business cases.
- Experience of developing and delivering sustainability strategies and programmes.
- The skills required for great multi-disciplinary partnership working (with public agencies, private organisations and the community sector).
- The ability to manage project budgets.
The job description and person specification for the role are attached. To discuss the role or ask any questions please contact Ryan Bunce (0208 921 8023).
NB. We are also looking for a great new Sustainability Team Leader. If you are interested in this area of work you may want to look at that role too.
Closing date: 25th February 2019.
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.
More searches like this
- Environment Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Environmental Health Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Sustainability Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Regeneration and Local Economies Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Regeneration Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)