Location: Eco Depot (Hazel Court)
Salary: Grade 9, level 1 - 4 (£29,361 to £34,115 per annum)
Package: 37 hours
Job category/type: Economy & Place, Highways
Working for City of York Council is more than just a job. A career in local government provides a unique opportunity to make a real difference to our communities. We invest heavily in our staff, providing them with a working environment where they can flourish, with opportunities for career development.
The responsibilities for the Senior Engineer include the provision of a customer responsive service for delivering a range of Transport, Highways, Traffic, S278, S38, Private works and General Engineering aspects of the Highways business. Provide guidance to the team on the standards and appropriate methods for developing schemes. Assist with the development and training of colleagues as appropriate through a team orientated approach. Manage Procurement contracts as required ensuring that the delivery brief is met in full and within agreed timescales, budgetary constraints and quality standards. Overall responsibility for the resurfacing programme including workload planning, project management, quality control of output from the team, including all aspects of the CDM Regulations, in line with the NEC contract arrangements
The detailed Job Description is attached, this post attracts the following generous benefits package:
- Flexible working, where possible, as we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance.
- You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 29 days after 5 years service and 8 bank holidays.
- Access to a defined benefit local government pension scheme with generous employer contributions.
- Salary sacrifice schemes
- Family friendly policies, to further assist flexible working.
- A commitment to staff learning, training and development.
- A comprehensive employee wellbeing scheme and assistance program.
- Assistance with travel to work through a cycle scheme and bus and train ticket loans.
- High street discounts through a staff benefits scheme.
If you want to be part of a team that really cares about quality service delivery and you can demonstrate that you can meet the challenge, please contact Bill Manby on 01904 553233 for an informal chat or to book a slot on our Highways recruitment open day on 15 February 2019, 8am - 5pm where you can meet the current team and see the front line services that we provide.
For further information or an informal discussion please contact Bill Manby, Head of Highways & Fleet, email@example.com or on 01904 553233.
We have further vacancies available within the Highways Services Team, please see the attached document 'Highways Vacancies' for a summary. To apply for any of the individual vacancies please go to the specific advert for further details and to apply online.
Closing date: Thursday 21 February 2019 at 12 midnight
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 4 March 2019
Don't forget to sign up for free to Local Government job alerts!
Keywords: Senior Engineer, Highways, Engineering, York, Local Government.