Transport Development Control Team Leader
OXFORDSHIRE: WHERE SMART THINKING DRIVES SMART TRANSPORT SOLUTIONS
Growth initiatives don’t come much bigger than at Oxfordshire County Council. Our initial pot to devise new homes, transport solutions and infrastructure for the county has grown to £multi-millions, thanks to innovative partnerships with central government and private sector investors.
With 2,785 miles of road to oversee, plus plans for a trainline from Oxford to Cambridge and a county -wide cycle network, we are exploring ways in which to match the region’s transport needs with cutting-edge innovation. This is your opportunity to shape these solutions, assessing the potential impact of major and strategic transport planning applications and securing mitigation and contributions to deliver this infrastructure. You’ll need to be a creative and adaptable manager, but with your calm approach to managing conflicting priorities and securing consistently excellent results, you will be a key component in this directional challenge.
Our vision at Oxfordshire County Council is to create a region that doesn’t just meet the needs of its population – it exceeds their expectations. Our talented colleagues are working collaboratively to deliver this ambition, but in order to ensure these challenges go the extra mile, we need visionary Team Leaders to help our people meet their targets. Individuals who are meticulously organised and who have the drive, ambition and capacity to think smarter – people just like you.
You will be responsible for the daily management of your team, motivating them to deliver high-quality, value-for-money results on time and within budget. Sharing your expert knowledge, you will inspire a culture based on respect – and you will ensure your team are being fully developed. You’ll see to it that we are meeting our legislative requirements, and you will adopt an open approach to communication. Overseeing reporting to put every stakeholder on the same page, you will be the innovator who keeps projects on track. This is a career-defining challenge. And with your input, it is one that will have a major impact on Oxfordshire’s future connectivity.
Leading and developing the team within our dynamic Planning & Engineering department, you will thrive with us if you:
- Have a genuine passion for delivering customer and commercially-focussed results.
- Have significant management-level experience in transport engineering or transport planning, backed-up by good legislative knowledge.
- Have excellent transport infrastructure planning and place-shaping skills.
- Love working in partnership with people.
- Have good project management capabilities. You will also be comfortable working in a period of change, adapting team priorities depending on the current needs of your projects.
- Are an effective decision-maker, with good capital and revenue budgetary management skills.
- Have a management qualification or a degree (though equivalent experience would be acceptable if you don’t have either of these).
- The above requirements relate to a Grade 15 role. If you would like to apply for Grade 16, you will also have a good understanding of all related high-risk technical disciplines, and you will be comfortable representing the authority in a legal environment such as a Crown Court or a public inquiry.
Take the next step in your career.
Visit www.thehomeofsmarterthinking.com to find out more and to apply.
Closing day: 9th December
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Team Leader £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Corporate Management Team Team Leader £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Environment Team Leader £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Transport Planning Team Leader £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Regeneration and Local Economies Team Leader £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Oxford