Programme Manager Central
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL – WHERE BEING SMART COMES WITH THE TERRITORY
Our mission at Oxfordshire County Council is simple – we want to enhance the incredible potential that already exists within the county in order to sustain thriving communities and a growing economy. As it is, we contribute more than £7billion gross to the national economy every year – and with more jobs than residents, that figure is set to grow.
To meet the needs of our local people, we have devised a bold initiative in which £millions has been set aside to transform transport, re-imagine our infrastructure and develop up to 100,000 homes by 2031. To achieve this vision, we are working in association with private sector investors and the central government to grow that pot into £multi-millions – and that’s where you come in. You will prepare bids and funding plans, using your extensive infrastructure and transport planning knowledge to project manage a programme of activities. Monitoring and reporting on progress, you’ll suggest ways in which we could improve and keep projects on track. In short, you will be right at the heart of this challenge – propelling our ambitious plans to new heights.
With £millions at stake, we need to be sure that our service delivery is in line with legislative requirements, plus council policies and priorities. We’re on a mission to enhance Oxfordshire – and with you by our side, that vision just became a reality. Quite simply, your expert knowledge and ability to mentor colleagues will take us to the next level of capability.
You’ll be there every step of the way as you guide stakeholders, challenging them to think better, brighter and smarter. Delegating workloads and allocating resources, you will be a font of information, sharing knowledge through accurate, timely and pertinent reports. Encouraging the team to work together, your ability to maintain open channels of communication will ensure effective decisions are being made. With your projects impacting on thousands of lives, you will have a keen awareness of every single penny in your budget – because high-quality assets and money well spent equate to a happier local community.
With a clear commercial and customer focus, you will be the perfect addition to our Planning & Engineering team if you:
- Have a significant degree of experience in transport and infrastructure in a local government role.
- Are comfortable working in a public consultation capacity, with the verbal and written communication skills to back this up.
- Have a good knowledge of project management software, with the ability to progress programmes of work and guide stakeholders.
- Are professionally qualified (to degree-standard or the equivalent of level 6).
- Are financially literate.
- Enjoy working in partnership with people across all disciplines.
- Are committed to delivering excellence. You will therefore need exceptional organisational skills with the ability to make effective decisions.
- The above requirements relate to a Grade 12 role. If you would like to apply for Grade 13, you will ideally have membership of a professional body, with an appropriate level of experience.
Take the next step in your career.
Visit www.thehomeofsmarterthinking.com to find out more and to apply.
Closing day: 9th December
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Administration Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Communications Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Environment Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Traffic Management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Oxford