Growth & Place Special Projects Officers
DRIVE GROWTH, THINK SMART
At Oxfordshire County Council, we have a long-term vision that is quite exceptional. Determined to drive the massive potential that exists within the county , we are seeking to enhance our housing, transport, connectivity and infrastructure to produce an even better quality of life for our 161,300 residents. Investing into a wide array of unique projects – such as the development of 100,000 new homes by 2031, together with the supporting infrastructure– we have secured a massive amount of funding from central government and private sector investors, taking the overall spend on Oxfordshire to £multi-millions.
The resulting challenge is one that is exceptional – join us in a large-scale role that will span several years, and play a vital part in supporting major infrastructure schemes. As the lead on delivering Housing Infrastructure Fund projects, you will prepare business cases, ensuring sound project and programme management, and you will guide the project through complex planning and land acquisition processes. In short, you will be at the helm of some of the most important projects ever witnessed in the region.
Our vision at Oxfordshire County Council is to create a region that doesn’t just meet the needs of its population – it exceeds their expectations. Our talented colleagues are working collaboratively to deliver this ambition, but in order to help these challenges go the extra mile, we need visionary Officers to help our people meet their targets. Individuals who are meticulously organised and who have the drive, ambition and capacity to think smarter – people just like you.
You will be responsible for daily management of project teams. Motivating to ensure high quality and value for money results are being achieved. Sharing your expert knowledge you’ll see to it that we are developing our infrastructure planning concentrating on specific projects while meeting our legislative requirements. Through an open approach to communication, you will oversee reporting to ensure every stakeholder is on the same page. You will be an innovator who bring new ideas to this career-defining challenge. And with your input, it is one that will have a major impact on Oxfordshire’s future.
You will thrive with us if you:
- Have a genuine passion for delivering customer and commercial-focussed results.
- Have significant management-level experience in a related infrastructure and transport planning role, backed-up by good legislative knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of current developments in the field.
- Love working in partnership with people.
- Have good project management capabilities. You will also be comfortable working in a period of change, adapting team priorities depending on the current needs of your projects.
- Are an effective decision-maker, with good capital and revenue budgetary management skills.
- Have a management qualification or a degree (though equivalent experience would be acceptable if you don’t have either of these).
- The above requirements relate to a Grade 15 role. If you would like to apply for Grade 16, you will also have a good understanding of all related high-risk technical disciplines, and you will be comfortable representing the authority in a legal environment such as a Crown Court or a public inquiry.
Take the next step in your career.
Visit www.thehomeofsmarterthinking.com to find out more and to apply.
Closing day: 9th December
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Corporate Management Team Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Environment Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Highways Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Transport Planning Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Oxford