- Contract Type
- Full time
BE SMART, SHAPE THE FUTURE OF OXFORDSHIRE’S HIGHWAYS
High-profile challenges, £multi-million projects and a level of career-satisfaction that will be hard to beat – it’s all for the taking at Oxfordshire County Council. Our teams aren’t afraid to embrace change. So when the opportunity arose to work with partners investing £millions in new housing, transport and the infrastructure needed to support such ventures, they rose to the challenge – and in association with private sector and central government investments, they generated a £multi-million pot.
Multiple millions to spend on ensuring Oxfordshire remains one of the best places to work, live and visit. Something that our 161,000 residents, 32,000 students and 7million annual visitors will all benefit from. And when you join our Road Agreements team, you could be at the heart of that challenge. Whether you are joining us as a Technician or Inspector, you will adopt unique projects relating to our 2,785 miles of road – and you will ensure these roads and the connected highways infrastructure is ready for whatever the future holds.
Ensuring Oxfordshire is on the fast-track to success, you will provide specialist technical support to some of the most imaginative transport and town planning challenges imaginable. With projects worth £millions, your strategic and local planning support will prove invaluable across a huge array of career-defining tasks. From gathering information and making recommendations that will secure high-quality and cost-effective results, to monitoring compliance relating to environmental, social, commercial, contractual and economic factors, no two days will ever be the same.
Quite simply, you will be supporting the enhancement of this incredible county.And in order to do that, you will need to think smarter, working in partnership with stakeholders and contractors to maintain transparent channels of communication. Your capacity to share knowledge will be essential, as will your determination to steer the effective development and growth of Oxfordshire’s neighbourhoods and infrastructure.
Our Planning & Engineering team are at the forefront of innovative strategic development across the region. Promoting an integrated approach to working, you will thrive in our team if you:
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the capacity to cement your conversations with comprehensive reports.
- Are able to deal with all types of people, negotiating great outcomes and managing confrontational situations.
- Can get to grips with legal documents and planning legislation. You will also be comfortable interpreting maps, plans, drawings and schedules.
- Have great IT skills (including Word and Excel).
- The above requirements relate to a Grade 10 role. If you would like to apply for Grade 11, you will also be degree-educated, have outstanding analytical skills and will seek out creative solutions to complex challenges.
Take the next step in your career.
Visit www.thehomeofsmarterthinking.com to find out more and to apply.
Closing day: 9th December
More searches like this
- Environment Planner £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Highways Planner £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Traffic Management Planner £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Transport Planning Planner £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Regeneration and Local Economies Planner £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Oxford