Assistant Planners (Transport & General)
BE SMARTER, THINK DIFFERENTLY
If you’re looking for a role in which you can hone your skills and carve out a long-term future, then look no further than Oxfordshire County Council. Thanks to an innovative growth strategy in which the private sector and central government have thrown their weight behind the Council’s proposed growth, we now have a pot worth £millions. £Multi-millions in fact. And over the next 13 or so years, we will be using these funds, with our partners, to build 100,000 homes, explore futuristic transport solutions and re-shape the county ’s infrastructure.
Whether you are assessing a minor planning application or supporting senior colleagues in major strategic projects, your knowledge will grow rapidly. Working with colleagues across planning teams, you will have the opportunity to network – and firmly establish yourself as a key member of this game-changing team.
From the first glimmer of an idea to the final completion of the project, you will witness first-hand the exciting developments currently taking place in Oxfordshire – and you’ll put your career on a stratospheric trajectory in the process. Working across the team on a variety of forward-thinking challenges, you will support developers, strategy colleagues and district councils to bring proposals to life – putting you right at the heart of our ambitious growth agenda.
Providing support to multidisciplinary colleagues, you will monitor compliance, ensure targets are being met, and promote clear and open communication. If you’ve got a can-do attitude, the capacity to think smarter and a willingness to learn, you’re bound to fly in our team.We’ll sharpen up your skills in report-writing and you will develop high-quality map and presentation skills. You will also be a key part of project meetings where schemes are being developed – so you’ll have the chance to make your mark on the future face of Oxfordshire.
There’s no better place to cut your teeth than with our talented Planning & Engineering team. You will therefore excel with us if you:
- Have local government experience (minimum 1 year) or you are educated to level 2 NVQ standard, or equivalent. You will also have a minimum of grade C in GCSE English and Maths.
- Are able to interpret maps, plans, drawings and schedules, and you can understand planning legislation and legal documents.
- Have the capacity to collect data and analyse it, presenting your results using IT packages such as Word and Excel.
- Have experience of planning schemes and projects.
- Are a team-player with knockout verbal and written communication skills.
- The above requirements relate to a Grade 7 role. If you would like to apply for Grade 8, you will also have an appropriate technical qualification with the capacity to manage confrontational situations, while Grade 9 candidates will have a minimum of five years’ experience in the field.
Take the next step in your career.
Visit www.thehomeofsmarterthinking.com to find out more and to apply.
Closing day: 9th December
More searches like this
- Environment Planner £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Traffic Management Planner £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Transport Planning Planner £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Regeneration and Local Economies Planner £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Planning Planner £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Oxford