Lincolnshire Waste Partnership Programme Delivery Manager
The Lincolnshire Waste Partnership (LWP) is seeking a committed and enthusiastic Programme Delivery Manager to take responsibility for the effective leadership and successful delivery of waste and recycling programmes and projects.
Please note, this role will involve working across the county and therefore the exact location where the role will be based is to be confirmed.
The successful candidate will work across all of the LWP organisations to plan and deliver solutions that meet the objectives of the Joint Municipal Waste Management Strategy for Lincolnshire. The postholder will be responsible for programmes and projects that will make real and lasting improvements in delivering LWP’s strategic objectives and targets.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced leader who will bring strong communication, influencing and negotiating skills to deliver strategic objectives to the people of Lincolnshire in a timely and cost-effective manner. The ideal candidate will use recognised project management standards such as MSP, APMP, or PRINCE2, and will have the knowledge and credibility to blend strategic and business content within the context of managing change and performance improvement initiatives.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Defining the scope of LWP projects, assigning work and ensuring integrity, approving changes in project statuses and reporting on project progress;
- Ensuring appropriate allocation of resources and skills, facilitating the effective management of programme resources, and ensuring a co-ordinated approach across the LWP for effective programme delivery;
- Communicating and engaging with stakeholders, ensuring high satisfaction levels, managing expectations, and developing strategic partnerships for waste across the LWP to maximise waste service improvements;
- Planning and designing programmes/projects, managing strategic and day-to-day issues and risks, initiating extra activities or interventions when required, and monitoring all performance to resolve issues and continuously improve, innovate and promoted the work of LWP with all stakeholders.
Interviews for this role are scheduled to commence after 7th January 2019.
For more information or an informal discussion about the role, please contact one of the following:
Sean Kent (Lincolnshire County Council, 01522 554833)
David Steels (North Kesteven District Council, 01529 308205)
Ian Yates (South Kesteven District Council, 01476 40 62 01)
All candidates are advised to read the attached job information pack prior to making an application.
On occasion we receive significantly more applications than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We operate a 'Silver Medallist' talent pool scheme whereby candidates who are not successful on this occasion may be considered for a period of up to 3 months for similar positions.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Lincolnshire
- Corporate Management Team Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Lincolnshire
- Environment Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Lincolnshire
- Waste Management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Lincolnshire