Textile Recycling Bank Development Manager
TRAID (Textile Reuse & International Development), is a UK charity working for nearly 20-years to tackle and solve the problems caused by producing, consuming and disposing of clothes. Keeping clothes in use for longer is the core of our work. We do this by providing convenient ways for the public to reuse clothes (free home collections, clothes recycling banks and charity shops) and delivering education to people of all ages to raise awareness of the powerful environmental and social benefits of reducing our clothing footprint.
TRAID completes the circle by committing the funds raised by giving longer life to clothes to global projects benefiting the people and places making our clothes.
The primary role of the Textile Recycling Bank Development Manager is to fulfil one of TRAID’s three charitable objectives, the protection of the environment through maintaining and expanding upon TRAID’s recycling banks and their public use.
The Textile Recycling Bank Development Manager will be part of TRAID’s Senior Management Team, who work together to assist with the strategic direction of the charity.
You will pro-actively liaise with existing site holders, ensuring that these critical stakeholders are kept up to date and motivated, with TRAID news, campaigns and in-house materials.
You will also be responsible for driving more public footfall to TRAID textile recycling banks by ensuring that local communities are aware of their location,and the charitable and environmental purpose these facilities serve.
Importantly, you will work with, and build relationships with multi stakeholders including Local Authorities, schools, businesses and commercial organisations to retain and expand TRAID’s textile bank network.
This post is responsible for the expansion of TRAID’s textile recycling banks. Textile banks are part of a highly competitive market, where reputation, service and relationship building are critical to expansion.
The Textile Recycling Bank Development Manager will also manage the post of Site Finder who will work ‘on the ground’ finding opportunities to place Textile banks.
This post will liaise cross departmentally with the Senior Management Team including communications, logistics and retail and therefore must be a team player.
- To be part of the Senior Management Team giving strategic input into the direction of the charity
- The retention and expansion of TRAID’s textile recycling banks
- Communication and relationship building with new and existing stakeholders
- Increasing tonnage of donated clothing through TRAID textile banks
- Communicate back to the senior management team barriers of increasing banks and their usage
- To be aware of up and coming tenders
- Up-to-date knowledge of the environmental impacts of clothing, that will be conveyed to TRAID staff and external stakeholders
- In conjunctions with Communications to manage TRAID branding and marketing of textile recycling banks
- To be TRAID’s external representative in the environmental and recycling industry
- To analyse TRAID data to effectively monitor and report on bank performance
- Proven ability to expand a business area, increasing productivity
- Proven to possess impeccable net-working skills, building strong relations
- Proven communications skills both written and face-to-face
- Knowledge of recycling industry
- Provide monthly progress reports on yields and number of textile banks in operation
- In conjunction with the Finance Manager prepare and manage departmental budgets
How to apply:
- Please send a CV and short covering letter to Maria Chenoweth via email to firstname.lastname@example.org