Commercial Manager (City Highways)
Commercial Manager (City Highways)
£41,846 - £44,697 per annum
Job term: Permanent
Appointment type: Full-time
Department: Regeneration Highways & Transportation
Division: Highway Maintenance
Closing date: 11 November 2018
Location: LCC Highways Depot, 90 Leycroft Road
Leicester City is at the forefront of pioneering transport improvements. Our award winning Connecting Leicester programme continues to deliver multi-million pound public realm investment, improving accessibility across the city. We have recently completed an impressive new £13m bus station and have secured National Productivity Investment Funding for major highway improvements in support of public transport. The Leicester economy is showing strong growth with high profile inward investments creating thousands of new jobs. Many of these improvements are delivered by City Highways.
City Highways are Leicester City Council’s in-house highway construction service undertaking the delivery of major highway capital and revenue work programmes. This includes major public realm improvement schemes, highway repairs and maintenance services, drainage and winter gritting. The unit has an annual turnover of over £8 million per annum and employs over 100 staff.
The Commercial Manager is a highly important role in City Highways management team, leading on the provision of site engineering, quantity surveying, stores and logistics provision, financial and business administration activities in support of the operational construction and service activities. The role includes managing the unit’s quality management, environmental and safety systems, ensuring work activities are carried out safely and to the required standards.
The Commercial Manager is responsible for managing a large team of technical and administrative staff undertaking a broad range of functions. The role requires the postholder to be highly motivated and performance driven.
Requirements of the post:
• Ability to manage a large and diverse team of staff providing a broad range of quantity surveying, logistical, administrative and financial support functions for the operational highway work activities.
• Have substantial and relevant experience of the measurement and valuation of highway and civil engineering works, tendering, rate setting, negotiation of contractual claims and job cost analysis, including experience at a senior (team leader) level.
• Able to take a leading role in the unit’s financial management, including the procurement of goods and services and the management of the Departmental Stores.
• Able to manage development and maintenance of operational performance management regimes, including quality, safety and environmental management systems.
• Must be self-motivated team player, with excellent communication, negotiation and IT skills.
• Hold a Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering.
• Willing and able to work regularly outside normal office hours including holiday periods and weekends.
• Must have a valid driving licence
For an informal discussion please contact Martin Fletcher on 0116 454 4965.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Leicestershire
- Administration Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Leicestershire
- Communications Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Leicestershire
- Finance Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Leicestershire
- Environment Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Leicestershire