Transport & Development Officer
Bexley’s Growth Strategy for the next 30+ years sees the potential for unprecedented levels of new development, including up to 31,500 new homes. Two of London’s Opportunity Areas fall within the borough and we’re working with the Mayor of London on the two Opportunity Area Planning Frameworks. This is a particularly exciting time for setting out how the borough’s huge development potential will be realised.
The Transport & Development Team need someone to contribute to developing transport proposals and related policies to support the Council’s Growth Strategy and setting these out in local strategy documents, as well as influencing new developments that deliver these initiatives. You will help cultivate good working relationships with key internal and external partners, particularly to establish how the required infrastructure will be secured.
This is a Career Grade post and an excellent opportunity, however we are looking for someone whose experience covers new schemes at the planning application stage who can reconcile emerging transport themes with developers’ aspirations. You will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team that delivers a number of the Council’s statutory highway authority functions, including the assessment of development proposals and the formulation of transportation policy/Local Implementation Plan.
If your application is successful, you will be appointed at the appropriate scale and starting salary, depending on your skills and experience. The job specification for the role explains the expectations for the post holder at each job level within the scope of the post.
For an informal chat about this opportunity, please call Martin Able, Transport & Development Manager, on 020 3045 5833 (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
What we offer
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 23 days Annual Leave rising to 27 after 5 years’ service (pro-rata) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
Bexley is a Thames Gateway borough that has huge potential to grow and is planning to deliver a significant increase in jobs and housing over the next 20 years. To enable this, developers, investors and stakeholders require clear guidance and accurate information from the Council relating to the highway, future transport schemes, and other planned development.
How to apply
Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
Closing date for application is 08/10/2018
Interviews are scheduled for w/c 15th October.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath
- Environment Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath
- Transport Planning Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath
- Regeneration and Local Economies Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath