Flood Risk Management Engineer
Flood Risk Management Engineer
Management Grouping: Place, Communities & Infrastructure
Team: Highway Services
Location: Civic Offices, Bexleyheath
Salary: £31,353 - £36,876
Contract: Permanent 36 hours
Job reference: PCI0000115
We are currently seeking a Flood Risk Management Engineer who will have a lead role with the Flood Risk and Development Team, with duties including:
- Ensuring all obligations as a Lead Local Flood Authority are met, including those arising from the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Maintain a programme of statutory inspections and maintenance measures for Danson Dam and associated infrastructure
- Develop, manage and maintain the flood incident database and associated GIS information
- Manage and deliver the Flood Risk Capital Programme
- Identify and bid for funding and manage the delivery of Flood Risk Grant in Aid schemes
- Carry out financial and programme monitoring of the team’s works programmes
- Batchelor Degree in relevant discipline (e.g Flood Risk, Engineering, Geography or similar)
- Knowledge and experience of current flood and water legislation
- Knowledge of design and approval of Sustainable Drainage System proposals
- Working knowledge of GIS packages
- Valid driving license
- Experience of working in partnerships
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
To find out more about these posts please contact Wilhelmina Drayton on 0203 045 3624
What we offer
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
Bexley is exciting Borough for flood risk management; with a diverse mix of Main Rivers, ordinary watercourses, ditches and dykes, marshland (with some very high groundwater levels), Thames river front and a category A dam, at the beautiful and historic Danson Reservoir. We want to promote the use of Sustainable Drainage, both with respect to retrofitting and particularly in the support of our ambitious Growth Strategy.
- Closing Date for your application: 22/08/18
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated Interview date: W/C 27/08/18
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages. (If applicable)
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers