Director for Economic Growth and Regeneration
There is never a better or more exciting time to consider joining Lancaster City Council. We have highly ambitious plans for enhancing the economy, the environment, neighbourhoods and the wellbeing of the district’s communities. Our vision is for the district to thrive as a vibrant regional centre in the north west of England.
The Council has recently announced plans for a structural change at senior level, to ensure we are able to deliver on our exciting and ambitious plans for the future. A new Executive Team structure has been agreed to deliver against those plans, which includes three brand new, exciting director level positions covering Economic Growth and Regeneration, Communities and the Environment, and Corporate Services.
Economic Growth and Regeneration are high on the agenda for Lancaster City Council, which is why we are looking to make a high-calibre appointment to this exciting new strategic role. We are looking for someone who can enable the council to deliver its overarching vision of making the district an even more outstanding place to live, work, visit and invest in.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive and providing strategic leadership and support to elected members, the post holder will hold responsibility for ‘place shaping’ and delivering physical transformation, leading inward investment, and creating the conditions for jobs and growth in the district, as well as delivering other high quality services to residents such as planning advice.
To perform well in this role, you’ll need to be able to demonstrate the highest level of skills in Leadership, Communication, Strategic Thinking and Commercial awareness, as well as having a sound record of:
- Driving economic prosperity and developing thriving communities;
- Identifying and driving forward opportunities for regeneration;
- Securing growth in a variety of creative ways, attracting interest in the region locally, nationally and internationally; and
- Encouraging participation from the community
For more details about this exciting opportunity, and information about applying, please visit: www.lancaster.gov.uk/executive-team-recruitment
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Lancaster
- Corporate Management Team Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Lancaster
- Environment Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Lancaster
- Regeneration and Local Economies Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Lancaster