Location: Holmes Road Depot
Salary: £28,910 - £33,531
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time, 36 hours per week
Alternative flexible working options available/open to discussion
Click HERE for information on Camden’s flexible working options
Camden Repairs Team is looking for skilled Tradespeople to join the busy district based teams, and complete building repairs “Right First Time”.
On this occasion, we are seeking enthusiastic, hardworking and flexible plumbers with relevant qualifications and/or extensive trade experience.
Plumbing candidates must have the ability to carry out a wide range of maintenance work within their core trade to a competent level and have the ability to complete other minor work in associated trade disciplines. Candidates must be able to carry out works unassisted, in good time and fully end-to-end.
You will carry out repair and maintenance work on housing, public buildings and other premises owned or managed by the Council, including kitchen and bathroom installations, OT adaptations and a range of day to day building maintenance repairs. Effective verbal and written communication, with the ability to work with a range of people within a customer facing and customer satisfaction focused environment is essential.
- Completed Apprenticeship City & Guilds or extensive trade experience and/or has experience of working in a maintenance environment on properties in occupation
- Ability to demonstrate multi-skilled working across a range of trades to manage work unassisted from scoping through to completion
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including ability to use mobile handset for updating work carried out on site
- Able to work on the Council's emergency out of hour’s scheme
- Hold a current and full valid UK driving licence
- Physical fitness to carry out all manual tasks associated with the role
Camden’s main offices are located in modern, award-winning offices at King’s Cross. You can expect an exceptional range of benefits including discounted access to the onsite leisure facilities with swimming pool, recognition and reward for high performance with progression and pay increases, flexible and agile working hours and access to a leading pension scheme.
Camden is proud to be the country’s first Timewise council and as part of this accreditation, we work to help parents balance work with childcare. This fits in with our aim to be leaders in innovative, flexible and part-time working that allows for different patterns of care and for parents to share childcare responsibilities.
Click HERE to see the full details of our excellent benefits
Make it work for you. Make it your Camden.
Discover and Diversity
To “discover” more about Camden and our commitment towards diversity, equality and safeguarding, please visit our recruitment website
How to apply
To apply for this job please follow the "Apply" link. In the ‘Why you?’ section of the application form you will be expected to explain how you meet the key requirements for this role listed in this advert. When explaining how you meet each of the requirements, please give examples that clearly demonstrate your skills, knowledge and experience. When writing your examples give a brief description of the situation or task but focus on the actions you took and the result of your actions.
Camden is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as inclusive as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition. If you would like us to do anything differently during the recruitment process, or provide any information in an alternative format, please contact us on 020 7974 6655, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or post to 5 Pancras Square, London N1C 4AG.
Closing dates for applications: Sunday 15th July 2018, 23:59
Interviews to be held: To be confirmed
Please quote reference: 180000M1
To view the Job Profile please click HERE
Camden welcomes new employees on a monthly basis; next available dates for induction are: 20th August, 17th September, 15th October
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Technician £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Communications Technician £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Customer Services Technician £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Facilities Management Technician £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Environment Technician £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)