Pollution Environmental Health Officer
Directorate: Supporting Communities
Location: 5 Pancras Square
Salary: £35,913 to £41,657
Contract Type: Permanent, full time, 36 hours per week
Alternative flexible working options available/open to discussion
Click HERE for information on Camden’s flexible working options
25 days holiday (27 days after 5 years' service)
Camden is focused on creating the conditions for people to lead high quality and fulfilling lives. We are committed to delivering frontline services in an efficient and professional manner reaffirming our responsibility to quality of life for our communities.
As an Environmental Health Officer within Environmental Health, Business and Consumer Services your focus will be a wide range of pollution issues. The role will require you to take personal responsibility for the effective investigation and resolution of complex casework.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Environmental Health Officer to join our busy Environmental Health team. You will:
- hold BSc/MSc or Diploma in Environmental Health and hold the EHRB certificate of registration in Environmental Health
- have a good working knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework relating to pollution matters and relevant experience in its application to casework including enforcement.
- have an organised approach to your own workload whilst dealing with conflicting priorities and a focus on delivering excellent customer service.
- be able to work collaboratively with internal and external partners, and able to contribute to service improvements.
- understand the importance of accurate data and be able to manage information securely.
Experience of responding to and providing advice in connection with planning and licensing consultation requests would be an advantage. Ideally you will hold the Diploma in Acoustics or a Certificate in Competence in Environmental Noise Measurement, training to Certificate level will be provided if necessary.
We will not consider any application unless you meet the essential qualifications criteria.
Camden’s main offices are located in modern award winning offices at King’s Cross. You can expect an exceptional range of benefits including discounted access to the onsite leisure facilities with swimming pool, recognition and reward for high performance with progression and pay increases, flexible and agile working hours and access to a leading pension scheme.
Camden is proud to be the country’s first Timewise council and as part of this accreditation, we work to help parents balance work with childcare. This fits in with our aim to be leaders in innovative flexible and part-time working that allows for different patterns of care and for parents to share childcare responsibilities.
Click HERE to see the full details of our excellent benefits
Make it work for you. Make it your Camden.
Discover and Diversity
To discover more about Camden and our commitment towards diversity, equality and safeguarding, please visit our recruitment website
How to apply:
To apply for this job please follow the "Apply" link. In the ‘Why you?’ section of the application form you will be expected to explain how you meet the technical knowledge and experience section of the job profile (see link below), focusing on the issues outlined in “About You” in this advert. When explaining how you meet each of the requirements, please give examples that clearly demonstrate your skills, knowledge and experience. When writing your examples give a brief description of the situation or task but focus on the actions you took and the result of your actions.
Camden is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as inclusive as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition. If you would like us to do anything differently during the recruitment process, or provide any information in an alternative format, please contact us on 020 7974 6655, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or post to 5 Pancras Square, London N1C 4AG.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 1st July 2018 at 11.59pm
Interviews to be held: week commencing 2nd July 2018
To view the Job profile for this vacancy please click HERE
Please quote reference: 180000G8
Camden welcomes new employees on a monthly basis; next available dates for induction are; 16thJuly, 20th August and 17th September 2018.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Customer Services Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Environment Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Environmental Health Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)