Graduate Planner to Senior Planner (Career Grade)
Bexley’s Growth Strategy for the next 30+ years sees unprecedented levels of new development, including up to 31,500 new homes. Two of London’s Opportunity Areas fall within the borough and we’re working with the Mayor of London on the two Opportunity Area Planning Frameworks. This is a particularly exciting time for setting out how the borough’s huge development potential will be realised.
We need a planning policy officer for our Infrastructure Strategy team to contribute to a new local plan and the planning strategies and infrastructure plans that support these proposals. A Crossrail extension, a new heat network, a range of new green and social infrastructure and a new rapid transit system are all in the mix.
This career grade post is an excellent opportunity, whether for an experienced planning policy practitioner or for a graduate starting out on their planning career. Either way, we want to support and develop your skills to maximise the value of your contribution to the work of the group. And we expect to appoint someone who has a genuine drive for personal development and achievement.
The post holder will need an aptitude for, or experience in, research, project management and cultivating good working relationships with key internal and external partners.
If your application is successful, you will be appointed at the appropriate scale and starting salary, depending on your skills and experience. The job specification for the role explains the expectations for the post holder at each job level within the scope of the post.
For an informal chat about this opportunity, please call Tiff Lynch, Infrastructure Strategy Manager on 020 3045 5796.
What we offer:
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of central London and the Garden of England in Kent. Within the borough we have award-winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
The Infrastructure Strategy group is part of the Council’s Strategic Planning and Growth Division, a multi-disciplinary team dealing with development planning, housing strategy, built/natural heritage, sustainability, place-making, infrastructure and transportation strategy, and integrating these around the development opportunities set out in the Growth Strategy.
For more details of our Employment Deal, see https://ouremploymentdeal.com/.
- Closing Date for your application: Monday 9th July 2018
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated Interviews date w/c: Monday 16th July
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Planner £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath
- Environment Planner £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath
- Regeneration and Local Economies Planner £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath
- Planning Planner £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath
- Regeneration Planner £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath