Executive Directors Economy, Growth and Commercial
Local Government as a whole is under significant pressure with increasing demand and significant decreases in government grant. Councils of the future need to shift towards a more place based, outcome driven model working in partnership with others to improve performance, reduce demand, deliver infrastructure and generate new income sources to fund public services.
And fundamentally we need to serve residents in new and diff erent ways. There are some great things about Surrey, not least the strong partnerships developing across the public sector, health and voluntary and business communities. We believe that working together, we can lead the way in developing a true system approach which secures community wellbeing, economic prosperity, improves productivity and delivers enhanced skills for business. Having the right leadership capability and capacity will be key to delivering on these priorities.
We are looking for exceptional forward thinking candidates to help us shape and work towards our 2030 vision and work closely with our new Chief Executive. If you want to lead the way in local government, working in partnership with other experts in the field to ensure we keep on putting residents at the centre of what we do, then one of our two new roles could be for you. You will need to be able to demonstrate an ability to work at pace, an innovative approach and have a genuine interest in making a difference and a real change for the people of Surrey.
For more information on these roles please visit
www.surreycc.gov.uk/seniorjobs and for a confidential discussion please call our retained Penna consultants
• Executive Director of Director Economy, Growth and Commercial please call Anthony Hopkin on 07500 042272 or Chris Barrow on 0203 849 2624.
• Executive Director of Customer, Digital and Transformation
please call Charles Wilson on 07801 880420 or Kirsty Clarke on 07715 690436.
Closing date: 18 May 2018.
Assessment centre: Week of 11 June 2018.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Surrey
- Communications Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Surrey
- Corporate Management Team Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Surrey
- Facilities Management Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Surrey
- Procurement Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Surrey