Investment and Regeneration Manager
Do you have previous experience of working in an Investment and Regeneration role? Are you a current RICS member?
Are People, Passion and Progress important to you? Make Mole Valley Your Next Move…….
About the role
This is an opportunity to work within a small but ambitious local authority that has a strong vision which matches regeneration priorities and aims to make a real difference for our residents, visitors and businesses.
Mole Valley District Council is looking for an Investment and Manager to join its high-performing multi-disciplinary Investment and Regeneration Team. The team is responsible for the delivery of the Council’s key and high-profile corporate initiative, the Transform Leatherhead masterplan and the ongoing portfolio and risk management of the investment assets acquired under the Council’s £100 million Asset Investment Strategy. The role encompasses investment and development projects for both of these initiatives.
The Transform Leatherhead masterplan involves the revitalisation of Leatherhead Town Centre and involves a number of mixed use development projects. The role encompasses all aspects including viability, pre-planning, appointment and management of external professional consultants in these disciplines and the procurement and appointment of delivery partners to ensure projects are delivered in accordance with the agreed objectives, on time and on budget. More information on Transform Leatherhead can be found at www.transformleatherhead.com and at the next public forum (which is streamed live on Facebook) at the Leatherhead Theatre at 7pm on 7 March 2019.
The Transform Leatherhead masterplan generates a significant amount of interest from internal and external stakeholders and the role requires the ability to operate effectively with senior management and elected members, a sensitivity as to the public interest in these projects, and to participate in stakeholder engagement and consultation activities.
About the team You will be managing a team of three experienced RICS investment and development surveyors and a project support officer, working in an open plan office with beautiful views across to Box Hill. The team is supplemented by a Transport Strategy Projects Manager on a part-time secondment from Surrey County Council and a dedicated Communications and Marketing Officer.
- Be a qualified surveyor (MRICS), with significant post-qualification experience who is confident, tenacious, has a flexible approach to work demands and excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Able to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as work on your own; and
- Be able to demonstrate significant experience in project managing mixed-use developments.
If you are interested in this varied and challenging role, and this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
We want you to be the best you can be. Therefore, we promise to support you with our annual Performance and Development Review and identify training and career development opportunities.
- 23 days holiday a year (from April 2019) plus a further allocated day at Christmas rising to 28 days after 5 years’
- Scheme to purchase additional annual leave and eligibility for potential additional days through the flexi-time scheme providing the ability to take additional days off when the business allows
- Substantial employers contribution into the local government pension scheme
- Free parking
- Remote and flexible working. Laptops will be provided for all employees enabling remote working by arrangement with the manager based on the needs of the service.
- Wellbeing package including:
Free eye tests
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Yearly flu jab
Discounts at local shops & businesses, films and shows at Dorking Halls and at the café
Ability to participate in targeted activities during regular ‘Wellbeing Weeks’
- Located opposite Dorking Sports Centre which offers a 6 lane 25m swimming pool, sports hall, gym, aerobics studio and café
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Emma Day on 01306 870639 Alternatively you can contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applicants: 12 March 2019 midday
Interview dates: 20 March 2019 and 21 March 2019
Politically restricted role: Yes
This role is worked over full time hours of 37 hours per week. A Job Share opportunity is available working 22 hours per week.