Road Safety Manager
7 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
We are looking a fantastic new road safety expert to lead our high performing and innovative Road Safety Team.
The Royal Borough of Greenwich is committed to an ambitious vision for transport: an attractive, accessible, healthy and sustainable transport network. This will help make Royal Greenwich a brilliant place to live, work and play - opening up the great opportunities it offers to all of its residents. Making our roads safer, particularly for walking and cycling, is a key part of making that vision reality. We are committed to 'Vision Zero' - eliminating all deaths and serious injuries from road collisions.
The Royal Borough has a great record for improving road safety: reducing KSI collisions by 58% in 2016, compared to the 2005-2009 average. We need a skilled, experienced and enthusiastic team member, to build on this success and meet our ambitious targets.
You will be at the centre of the Royal Borough's efforts to make its roads safer. You will be responsible for shaping our Road Safety Plan and the measures that deliver it. This includes:
- Managing the team responsible for our - award winning - programme of innovative behavioural change measures.
- Acting as sponsor for the Royal Borough's local safety schemes programme.
- Overseeing the excellent School Crossing Patrol service.
- Representing the Royal Borough at London-wide and national bodies.
We are looking for someone experienced in:
- Developing strategies for road casualty reduction, and overseeing / sponsoring their implementation.
- Leading a diverse team, with a wide range of roles and work styles.
- Providing up-to-date expert advice on a broad range road safety issues.
- Analysing complex data and communicating your conclusions to different audiences (in writing and in person).
- Managing performance and expenditure.
- Preparing successful bids for external funding.
The job description and person specification for the role are attached.
To discuss the role or ask any other questions please contact Ryan Bunce, Transport Strategy Manager (0208 921 8023).
Closing date: 25 February 2019
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.
More searches like this
- Environment Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Highways Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Traffic Management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Regeneration and Local Economies Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Regeneration Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)